Let me start by saying that I do not love cooking. When I cook it must be easy, simple, fairly quick and mostly good. If I keep my expectations low enough, then I’m pleasantly surprised now and then. I am no Betty Crocker…just Becca Sort-of-Cooker.
With that said, I love anything Mediterranean. From everyday-vegitarian-recipies.com I saw this recipe for Easy Baked Healthy Pasta. It used greek yogurt and spinach with pine nuts. Yum! I wanted something a bit more carb-free, so I omitted the pasta and added some baked chicken breasts. For the original pasta recipe, please visit: Easy Baked Healthy Pasta Recipe.
1 package/9 oz of frozen spinach (defrost and squeeze)
4 baked or grilled chicken breasts sliced
2 cups of full fat plain unsweetened yogurt (you may want to use more)
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon of chopped fresh herbs (if you have them) or a teaspoon of dried (I used oregano)
1 egg, lightly beaten
3 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons browned pine nuts (not essential but great)
How To Make Greek Yogurt and Spinach Chicken Bake
1. Defrost and squeeze liquid out of spinach and set aside.
2. Bake or grill chicken breasts, slice and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the yogurt, garlic, herbs (if you are using them) and some seasoning to taste.
5. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish, smooth out the top and sprinkle over the grated cheese.
7. Scatter over the pine nuts and enjoy!