I have found a new favorite salad, and, yes, I got it from Pinterest. The original and full recipe is from Kayln’s Kitchen. As I’ve said before, I’m a sucker for Mediterranean and anything EASY! This salad fits the bill. It can be a side salad or main course.
1 can garbonzo beans (rinsed and drained)
1 cucumber cut into bite-sized chunks (I cut the skins off mine)
1 package of grape tomatoes, sliced
1/2 cup of chopped parsley
2-3 T. virgin olive oil
3-4 T. balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles (optional)
- Rinse and drain garbonzo beans. Pat dry with a paper towel if necessary. Marinate garbonzo beans with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in the refrigerator for atleast one hour.
- Cut cucumbers, tomatoes and chop parsley. Add to a bowl and set aside.
- Once garbonzo beans are marinated, add garbonzo bean mixture (including marinade of olive oil and balsamic vinegar) to your other ingredients. Mix.
- Add more olive oil and balsamic vinegar to taste if needed.
- Add in feta cheese (optional)
Serves 4. Enjoy!