This is an easy and delicious summer ice cream cake. I make it for the Fourth of July, but it can be made anytime–birthdays, team or school parties or just because!
What you will need:
- Ice Cream Sandwiches, store-bought (enough for two layers in your pan)
- Whipped Cream (homemade or store-bought)
- Chocolate Chips
- Strawberries (washed and sliced)
- Blueberries (washed and drained)
- In a rectangular casserole or cake pan, add a layer of unwrapped ice cream sandwiches. Cut to fit sandwiches so entire bottom of pan is covered.
- Spread whipped cream over unwrapped ice cream sandwiches.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over whipped cream.
- Add another layer of unwrapped ice cream sandwiches then spread with whipped cream.
- Top with fruit (or chocolate chips if not a fruit lover). I like to make an American flag for the Fourth of July with strawberries and blueberries. You can make any design you’d like with the fruit or chocolate chips.
- Cover in foil and place in freezer for at least 1-2 hours.
- Pull out of freezer and set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Once it has thawed, dish up this cool, gooey delight that everyone will love. I suggest making two because they go fast. Enjoy!