One of my holiday traditions I do every year is make an ornament for each of my kids with their picture on it. I love looking at all the past years as I decorate the tree. One of my favorite ornaments I made was in 2006 out of playing cards. It is fairly simple, but extremely adorable.
What you will need:
- Deck of playing cards
- X-Acto knife
- Hole punch
- Glitter glue
- Holiday spirit
- Using an X-Acto knife, cut out the middle of the playing card so it becomes a frame. (I started with X-Acto knife then switched to scissors because it was easier).
- Lay playing card frame over your picture and trim photo excess around the frame edges.
- Glue frame onto picture.
- Glue another playing card (face down, showing back of card) to the back of the frame/photo combination making a sandwich.
- Make other playing card photos if you would like (I made one each for my kids).
- For the cover, simple use the back of a playing card and with glitter glue write the year. Let it dry.
- Finally, stack the photos in the order you would like with the cover first. Hole punch each card in the correct corner. Tie together with a ribbon and hang on your tree.
You now have an adorable ornament that you will love getting out every year. Enjoy!