I needed a tray for my dining room table to hold my holiday table scape. Sometimes I don’t want to take the time to shop for something, I want it immediately. So I decided to make my own with what I already had on hand. It turned out super cute.
What you will need:
- Box or box lid
- Chalkboard spray paint
- Felt squares of scraps of fabric
1. Find a box or box lid to spray paint that fits your dimensions and needs.
2. Spray paint with chalkboard paint.
3. Glue felt or fabric scraps to bottom of the box so the paint doesn’t rub against your table or hard surface. This is optional–I was just being extra careful.
4. Place (or glue) felt or fabric on the inside of your tray. I did this to add some color and to cover up the soda can circles.
5. Write cute sayings on the sides of the tray with chalk.
Super easy, adorable and no shopping required. Enjoy!