Some of you have asked to learn a little bit more about me. Well, here you go…
1. I live on the same street as my sister.
I really do. My sister is one of my best friends. We didn’t become “friends” until she went away to college. Now we can’t be apart, just ask our husbands. I like to say that we are twins separated by 4 years. We are complete opposites, but exactly alike. Figure that one out. Our boys have grown up together. Every Sunday night my sister, who is a fantastic cook, makes us dinner. I love living on the same street as her.
2. I wanted to be an actress.
I did some acting in high school and college and loved it. It helped me to spread my wings and gain confidence. I wasn’t half bad and even had some leads in plays. I may not have become a professional actress, but I can be pretty theatrical at home. Just ask my family.
3. I love soccer.
Everyone in my family plays soccer. My hubby played through college. All three of my kids play. My oldest even plays for our local professional academy team. I drive to millions of practices and games a year and never get tired of it. Okay. That’s a lie, but I do love soccer above any other sport.
4. I met my husband my first day of college.
He walked right up to me and introduced himself in the cafeteria. It was love at first bite over chicken and broccoli. We didn’t officially start dating until 3 weeks later. I had to play hard-to-get.
5. I’m a gym rat.
The gym is my escape. From Zumba, yoga, kick boxing, weights and step aerobics, I love it all. It is rare to see me out of my gym clothes.
6. I never dreamed I’d be a stay-at-home mom.
Being a mom is the hardest, most stressful, most fulfilling job ever no matter if you work or stay-at-home. My whole life my mom worked, so I assumed I would do the same. After my oldest was born, the opportunity presented itself for me to stay home. I still do some free-lance design work now and then, but my three kiddos are my main focus. It hasn’t been easy, just like anything in life, but it has been well worth it.
7. I come from a blond Native American Indian tribe.
No joke. My great Aunt Beulah has told me that the tribe our ancestors hail from was a blond Cherokee tribe. My hubby is very skeptical, but my aunt does make Native American earrings and I do have blond hair.
8. I’m a cup-half-full kind of girl.
We all have tough times. I believe when you do, you pick yourself up, brush off any dirt and get back on the dance floor. Like I always tell my boys when they get hurt or get down, “Dance it off!”
Here are Some of my favorites…
- Favorite Movies: Moulin Rouge and Silver Linings Playbook
- Favorite TV shows: Project Runway, Top Chef, Parks & Recreation, New Girl, Modern Family, The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, The Voice, American Idol
- Favorite Color: Green was my favorite color, but I’m rather partial to navy these days. If you look in my closet, though, you will see a rainbow. I love color.
- Favorite Foods: Mexican and Mediterranean
- Favorite Cookies: Pignoli cookies and iced sugar cookies
- Favorite Board Game: Scrabble
- Favorite Family Activities: Traveling, soccer and skiing
- Favorite Cities: Prague, Czech and Venice, Italy
- Favorite Son: This is classified.