What better way to celebrate the 4th of July or summer then with Gnomes! I love Gnomes so I decided to make a fun, quirky and cool DIY Gnome Sweet Gnome Front Door Shadow Box with FREE Printables. You can print off a 4th of July theme or summer theme mini banner and sign for your shadow box. Change out your chalkboard message to suit your mood. Great for your 4th of July celebrations, birthday parties, backyard parties or just to say welcome to your visitors. Enjoy!
NOTE: I have a storm door on my front door, so my Gnome Sweet Gnome Front Door Shadow Box is protected from the elements. If you don’t have a storm door on your front door then you might not want to leave your shadow box out all the time. It is not weather proof.
What you will need:
- Gnome Salt and Pepper Shaker Set or other Gnome statues
- Box or box lid
- Spray Paint, Patriotic Blue
- DIY Chalkboard Paint (instructions HERE)
- DIY Printable Gnome Sweet Gnome Mini Banner & Sign PDF
- Tape (I used tape not glue: Painter’s Tape and/or scotch tape)
- Glue (hot glue – optional)
- Wood Bead
- Happy heart
1. Spray paint your box. 2 coats. Let dry all the way.
2. Once dry, paint your chalkboard onto the box using your DIY Chalkboard Paint by Crystelle Boutique. I did 3 coats. Let dry completely.
3. Print this PDF file: DIY Printable Gnome Sweet Gnome Mini Banner & Sign.
4. Cut out banners and signs. Tape or glue banner pieces to string to form banners.
5. Tape a toothpick to the back of the signs. I used a wooden bead to be the sign base and hold the sign up.
6. Using tape, tape on your banner (choose between the 4th of July theme or the summer theme.
7. Using blue painter’s tape, but you could also use hot glue, tape or glue down your Gnomes into each corner. Tape or glue your wooden bead sign holder down. Add the sign. Then add easter basket grass around the bottom. I did place some painters tape here and there under the grass to keep it in place. Don’t forget to write your Gnome message on your sign using chalk.
8. There you have it! An interchangeable Gnome Sweet Gnome Front Door Shadow Box! Enjoy!
If you like gnomes, then you might like these: