“I’m BORED!!!!” If I had a dollar for every time I heard this, I would be blogging from one of my three villas in Hawaii, Italy or San Diego, but unfortunately, I do not receive a dollar for every “I’m Bored!” so I’m in my suburban kitchen blogging about how to keep these kids busy this summer. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a firm believer in letting your kids be bored sometimes. It forces them to figure things out themselves and hopefully spurs their creative juices. Too much boredom, however, can cause devious behavior so here are 12 Coolest Kid DIY Summer Boredom Busters to help get you and your kids through those long, hot or rainy dog-days of summer! Enjoy!
1. DIY SLIME! | Me…Cul-de-sac Cool!
What you will need:
- 8 oz (1 big bottle or 2 small) white glue
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Borax
- Food coloring
- Pour glue into bowl.
- Mix in 1.5 cups water.
- Add one teaspoon of Borax and your food coloring. Mix it up — use your hands!
- Drain any extra liquid.
- Store in a Zip-lock bag. Enjoy!
2. Fort Building | Life as a Mama
3. Candy Playdough | Kid’s Activities Blog
4. Exploding Sidewalk Art | Growing a Jeweled Rose
5. Cardboard Box Maze | Catch My Party
6. Paper Airplane (an Awesome Flier) | All For The Boys
7. DIY Candy Necklace Craft | Kinser Event Company
8. Build a Glowing City | Inner Child Fun
9. Rainy Day Marshmallow Building | Say Yes
10. Cardboard Slide | The Contemplative Creative
11. Make-Your-Own Bouncy Balls | Come Together Kids
12. Solar S’mores | Growing a Jeweled Rose
Checkout these other great boredom busters: