Lemons + Chicken + Easy = My Kind of Dinner. This lemon chicken recipe was the bomb. I thought I had made enough to have leftovers, but my little piggies (me included) ate it all! As you know, I’m not a big fan of complex meal making, The only “hard” part of this recipe was browning the chicken before you put it into the crockpot. Don’t skip this step! It helps seal in the juicy yumminess (Top Chef terminology). I served our chicken with a side of brown rice and steamed broccoli. I’m going to make it again this week…I can’t wait!!! I got the original recipe off of Pinterest from The Magical Slow Cooker. I adjusted it a bit by throwing in the lemon slices with the chicken and adding two tablespoons of butter. Everything is better with butter, right? Let me know if you like it…oh, who am I kidding? You are going to LOVE it!
What you will need:
- 1-1.5 pounds boneless chicken tenderloins (I used 2 pounds)
- 1 package dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large ziplock bag
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 large lemons juiced (1/2 cup juice) and then sliced (don’t throw lemons out, they will be thrown in the crockpot too)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of butter
1. In a large ziplock bag, add your chicken, Italian dressing mix packet and flour. Shake to coat chicken.
2. Brown your chicken in a skillet with your cooking oil. I did mine in batches. You don’t have to cook your chicken all the way through, just brown each side.
3. Add your lemon juice and broth into your crockpot.
4. Add your browned chicken into your crockpot.
5. Add your lemons slices and 2 tablespoons of butter to the crockpot.
6. Place your lid on your crockpot and cook on HIGH for 3 hours. NO PEEKING!
7. When serving, spoon some of the lemony sauce from the bottom of your crockpot onto your chicken.
8. This served all 5 of us with no leftovers (darn!). Enjoy!
Need a slow cooker? Then check these out (click on the pic):