With muffins like these, who needs to go to the gym?
When I first saw this muffin recipe on Pinterest from My Whole Life, I couldn’t believe that you could make a delicious, flourless chocolate muffin from only 5 ingredients. I was enamoured by the picture and felt I had to make these muffins to find out if they truly were delicious or not. I felt a calling. I had to figure this one out for all those chocolate muffin lovers out there. I sacrificed my gym class, put on my apron over my workout clothes and got my sweat on in the kitchen.
I gathered the ingredients — 2 ripe bananas, creamy peanut butter, cocoa powder and maple syrup. You can also top your muffins with some chocolate chips, which of course I did — duh.
I began whipping the muffins up while doing some squats. As they baked in the oven I did some lunges. Once they were cool, I did a taste test in between push ups.
I must say, they turned out yummy — not as sweet as some may like, but filling, moist and chocolatey. The true test was to see if my boys liked them….drum roll please…..and they did!
I’m exhausted now. Good luck making your muffins. I guess I’ll head back to the gym tomorrow, but I did see an applesauce muffin recipe that looked interesting…
What you will need:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- chocolate chips (optional)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350.
2. In a mixer combine all ingredients until well blended.
3. Once everything is mixed well, spoon batter into lined muffin cups. There was enough batter for 9 regular sized muffins.
4. Add a sprinkling of chocolate chips to the tops of your muffins if you’d like.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Mine weren’t quite ready after 15 minutes so baked them 5 more minutes.
6. Once they are done, have them cool completely in the pan. Store in the fridge up to 5 days or freeze to enjoy later.