Mocha Pudding is my hubby’s favorite dessert that his mom, Granny D, made him growing up. He loves it so much he doesn’t ask for a traditional cake for his birthday, he asks for Mocha Pudding!
It is rich and robust, chocolatey and gooey. When baking, the coffee settles to the bottom of the pan and turns into a yummy chocolate coffee pudding. The top of the dessert is a crunchy but moist, brownie-like chocolate cake.
Mocha pudding is perfect served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or eaten just on its own. In fact, it is such a simple recipe that your kids could help make it. Father’s Day is right around the corner. Why not celebrate how awesome your dad or husband is over a bowl of yummy deliciousness?! Sign me up!!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbs cocoa
- 1/2 cup melted butter + 1 Tbs melted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 coffee cup of strong brewed coffee
- Mix all dry batter ingredients (sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa) together in a bowl.
- Mix all wet batter ingredients (butter, milk, vanilla) together in a separate bowl then pour over the dry batter ingredients. Blend thoroughly.
- Spread evenly in an 8x8 greased pan.
- Brew 1 coffee cup of strong coffee and set aside.
- Mix topping dry ingredients (sugar, cocoa, brown sugar) in a bowl and then spread evenly over the top of the cake batter.
- Pour cup of coffee over the topping gently, covering the sugars and cocoa.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- When baking, the coffee settles to the bottom of the pan and turns into a yummy chocolate coffee pudding. The top of the dessert is a crunchy but moist, brownie-like chocolate cake.
- You can use decaffeinated coffee also.
Don’t forget to check out this Father’s Day card. It goes perfectly with the Mocha Pudding!