The first time I heard about Pomi tomatoes I was in the Cayman Islands. We were vacationing with my sister who is an amazing cook. She and I had gone to the grocery store to buy something to make for dinner for our families. If you’ve ever been to Cayman, then you know how expensive EVERYTHING is, including food. It would cost a fortune for our two families to eat out ever night, so we made meals every now and then to save some money.
On our foray to the Cayman grocery store we came upon Pomi tomatoes. My sister, who is a great cook, was beside herself. She said with a box of Pomi tomatoes, anyone could make the best pasta sauce ever, and she was right. Pomi tomatoes is the key ingredient to never buying jarred sauce again!!
With inspiration from my sister’s recipe, I hope you love my easy homemade pasta sauce just as much as my kids do! In fact, besides the fresh, sweet taste my kids love this sauce because it’s “smooth” and not chunky. You will love that it has no preservatives, is 100% BPA free, is 100% GMO free, has no artificial flavors added, is low in sodium and low in sugar. I don’t think any jarred sauce can compare to that!
Where can you buy Pomi tomatoes? Lucky for me, and you too, my local Target now sells it, but you can always find it at Amazon and have it delivered to your house. Enjoy!
- 1.5 Crumbled Itallian sausage and/or ground beef (or a mixture) -- I prefer sausage (optional)
- 2 fresh minced garlic cloves (I used 2 frozen garlic cubes)
- 2 Tbs of tomato paste
- 1 Box of Pomi Strained tomatoes
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Over medium heat, brown your meat. Drain fat/liquid.
- Mix in 2 fresh minced garlic cloves (I used 2 frozen garlic cubes).
- Add 2 Tbs of tomato paste and stir.
- Open you box of Pomi Crushed Tomatoes and add to your pan, stirring well.
- Add Italian seasonings, salt and pepper to taste. Lower your heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve over cooked pasta. Serves 4-6. Enjoy!
- Feel free to use any mixture of meat--Italian sausage, ground beef, ground turkey or omit the meat all together and go vegetarian by adding some yummy veggies!