Some might say that the personal computer is the best invention of the modern world, but as a busy mom whose evenings consist of driving my kids to various activities all over the city from 3:30 pm to 9:00 pm, I would say that the crock pot, by far, is the best invention EVER! This life-changing appliance has helped us over-scheduled, modern families have a warm dinner waiting for us at home instead picking up Chipotle or pizza…again.
One of my “go-to” recipes that my whole family loves is my Easy Crock Pot Lasagna. Throw it together in the crock pot after lunch and let it cook on low for 5-6 hours. Whatever time you end up getting home, dinner is served!
Make sure you check out my Easy Homemade Pasta Sauce to use with this recipe!!
- Easy homemade pasta sauce (link above) or jarred pasta sauce mixed with 1.5 lbs. browned Italian sausage and/or ground beef
- Lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 16 oz. Cottage Cheese
- 8 oz. Shredded parmesan and mozzarella cheese
- Make your Easy homemade pasta sauce (link above) or brown your own 1.5 lbs. mixture of Italian sausage and/or ground beef in a skillet and then mix in a jar of your favorite pasta sauce.
- Mix your cottage cheese and 3/4 of your 8 oz. shredded parmesan/mozzarella cheese in a bowl. Reserve 1/4 of the shredded parmesan/mozzarella cheese for the end.
- Spray your crock pot with non-stick spray.
- Pour 1/3 of your meat sauce into the crock pot.
- Break apart a few of your lasagna noodles and lay over the sauce.
- Spread 1/3 of your cottage cheese mixture over the noodles.
- Continue to layer until your crock pot is full. For me, I get 2-3 layers depending on how thick I layer.
- Finish off your last layer with the rest of your shredded cheese.
- Put your lid on your crock pot and cook on low for 5-6 hours until noodles are tender. Serves 4-6. Enjoy!