What says summer more than blueberries and corn?
If you are needing an appetizer for your next get-together and you don’t want to bring salsa AGAIN, then you must make this sweet and tangy relish. It is filled with juicy blueberries, crunchy raw corn, fresh-off-the-stem thyme, diced red onion and brought together with olive oil and white wine vinegar.
I made this as an appetizer for Sunday Night Dinner at my sister’s house. We ate it like a salsa with tortilla chips. What we discovered is that the relish tasted even better when we ate it with Tostitos Hint of Lime Tortilla Chips! The added citrus made each bite pop. If you don’t want to serve it with the lime chips you could just squeeze some fresh lime onto the relish. Enjoy!
- 2 ears fresh corn
- 1 1/4 cup fresh blueberries, halved
- 1/4 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 of fresh squeezed lime juice (optional)
- Slice your blueberries in half and add to bowl.
- Chop 1/4 of a red onion and 2 tablespoons of fresh thyme leaves. Add to bowl.
- Use a sharp knife to slice off kernels from ears of corn into your bowl.
- Add olive oil, vinegar and salt. Stir to combine.
- Optional, squeeze 1/2 of a lime over the relish.
- Chill in the fridge before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips or my favorite, Tostitos Hint of Lime tortilla chips.