Even though it may be cold and snowy outside, Spring is right around the corner. I made this yummy appetizer a couple of weeks ago for our Sunday night dinner. It was a big hit and made me feel like I was running barefoot through a field of daffodils while bunny rabbits ran along my flowing skirts. Okay, maybe I was really in sweats and slouchy socks, sitting at the kitchen island with my dog begging for some scraps at my feet, but you get what I mean, right?
These appetizer rolls are simple and elegant. The sweet crunch of the pear blends wonderfully with the peppery arugula and salty prosciutto. The “icing on the cake” is the goat cheese crumbles. Everything tastes better with goat cheese on it! These would be great to serve at your Easter brunch or Spring get-together, or just as a delicious snack or light lunch. Enjoy!
- 8 slices of Prosciutto
- 1 Pear, cored and sliced into 8 wedges
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Goat cheese crumbles
- Fresh arugula
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Slice your pear into 8 slices then submerge it in lemon water for a few minutes. This will stop your pear slices from browning too quickly. Pat dry with paper towels.
- In a bowl, toss 2-3 handfuls of arugula with a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay prosciutto slices out on a cutting board.
- Layer your pear, arugula and sprinkled goat cheese crumbles on the prosciutto then roll. Optional - skewer with a tooth