I’m a big breakfast person. In fact, in college, I would always wake up before my bestie, who was not a morning person. As I got ready I would “accidentally” call her room to wake her up so we wouldn’t miss breakfast in the cafeteria.
I still love breakfast, but I think I love salad even more. When I saw this recipe from Skinny Taste on Pinterest, which put two of my most loved things together, breakfast + salad, I knew I had to make it! My yummy version is made up of massaged kale, cherry tomatoes, avocado and or course 2 fried eggs. While your eggs are cooking you massage your kale with a pinch of salt, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
I wish I knew about this salad back in college. I think it would have gotten my bestie up a lot quicker if she knew she could have a breakfast salad. Okay, maybe not!
- 2 cups shredded kale
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- Half sliced avocado
- 10 grape tomatoes, halved
- In a bowl combine the kale, olive oil, vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Massage with your hands until the kale softens (a few minutes).
- Over medium low heat, cook your eggs however you like.
- Top your kale with tomatoes, avocado slices and eggs.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add some bacon or turkey for extra protein.